Memory Card Services
Recovering lost photos from memory cards
Your card could be "corrupted" if you are having problems with your images or memory card such as:
- Your camera does not recognize your picture card even though it is the correct type for the camera.
- Your camera cannot read some pictures on the card even though it does read others.
- You can view images on the LCD but the PC can't read the card.
- You get an error message such as “Cannot Read Card”
More reading about card care here.
The good news is that we have programs to recover these corrupted and erased files:
- Don't touch your card - bring it straight in to us and we may be able to recover the photos for you.
- We use a variety of software solutions to recover lost images on corrupt memory cards. In most cases, unfortunately not all, we are able to retrieve the data from memory cards.
- We’ll attempt to recover data from your memory cards for a fee of $20 per memory card.
- In the event that we are successful, we will deliver your images back to you on a CD or DVD for an additional charge based on the amount of data recovered.
- Sometimes our recovery software is so efficient it recovers images you intentionally deleted a year ago in addition to the ones you accidentally deleted before you brought the card to us.
The bad news
- If the card can not be detected by our PCs that suggests physical damage, rather than logical, damage
- As long as the memory chip is undamaged data recovery experts may be able to recover your photos on our behalf - however this comes at a cost.
- The card will be "sacrificed"in the process (i.e. to get the chip out the card will be broken open and not able to be used again)
- How much are your photos worth?
Archiving Memory cards to CD/DVD
We can copy all or some of your images to CD or DVD so that you can erase your card and re-use it.
- Insist that we check the CD/DVD for images before you leave our store.