Video Tape Transfer
- Video tape is a magnetic storage medium and will definitely degrade over time.
- If you want to watch the video footage you have on tape in the future, our advice is to transfer those tapes to DVD now.
- The DVD can then be duplicated and shared with the entire family
- Sorry but we cannot copy commercial videos which are copyrighted
Movie Film Transfer
- Before tape, most family movies were recorded on Regular 8 mm or Super 8 mm movie film. Some folks even used the higher quality 16 mm format. More info here
- We can transfer your home movie film to DVD which can then be duplicated and shared with the entire family.
- Image quality from these films is partly dependent on how well the original film was exposed and if Grandad properly focused the camera!
- Like any other recording media, movie film deteriorates over time so the sooner you get it transferred to DVD the better
- Camcorders use a variety of media to record on and we can transfer this to DVD if you don’t have the equipment to do it yourself.
- Tapes - we can copy tapes to DVD (VHS, VHS-C, video8, miniDV)
- 8cm DVD – we can consolidate up to 2hrs worth of these onto a single full-size DVD
- Hard Drive – we can span many hours over several DVDs – 2hrs per DVD
- Memory card - we can span many hours over several DVDs – 2hrs per DVD
Digital Still Camera movie files to DVD
- There is an assortment of file types used by still cameras – they play fine when you plug your camera into the TV but you need the right software for them to play on your computer.
- We can import these into movie editing software and create a DVD-Video for you – we can also incorporate still photos into the movie at the same time
DVD Photo Movies
- These allow you to watch your photos on a TV via the DVD player in your lounge.
- We turn still images into a slideshow with transitions between pictures and burn this to DVD.
- We can even mix this with movie files from your phone, still camera or video camera.
- Simply bring us your digital picture files (if you need us to scan your negatives, slides and prints, we can do that too) and your choice of background music. We’ll do the rest. The completed DVD will contain one movie file and will play in any DVD player, whether it is jpeg compatible or not. You will not be able to make prints from the photos on this DVD.
Prints From Video Sources
- If you need a still image file or print from a scene in a video clip, we can help.
- Prints made from video sources do not compete with traditional images made with a still camera in terms of resolution and sharpness. However, if the only source of an event you have is a video then you have no choice so we will help.
- We can make multiple copies of DVDs and label these for you.