PHOTOS to CANVAS
You can have your favourite photo transformed into a work of art by having your image printed on premium quality canvas.
Option 1: Outside Framer
- We send it away for printing on cotton canvas using genuine Epson Ultra chrome inks and then having it hand-stretched over a rigid pine frame.
- Canvases are sealed / lacquered and should have a 75 years fade resistance under normal lighting conditions.
- Canvas frames can be made to any shape with the max width of frame being 33” or 830mm – the long edge can be several metres.
- Frames are 30mm deep
- Make sure the subject is clear. For the best quality allow at least 200 pixels per inch – a 12x18" print needs to have pixel dimensions of 2400x3600 pixels (8 megapixels)
- Please take into account that the printed image gets wrapped around to the reverse of the frame. This means approximately 40mm of the image (on all four sides) may not be visible 'head on' when looking at the finished piece.
- If the subject does extend to the very edge of the photo the printer may add a 40mm coloured border to the edge of the photo or you may prefer to do this yourself by "increasing the canvas size" in a photo editing programme like PhotoShop and choose your own colour.
Option 2: our PHOTO CREATIVE CENTRE
- We print on-site onto archival artist's canvas using special inks to preserve the colour - ensuring the picture will last for many years. The finished result is stunning.
- Load your image into our HP kiosks and select Canvas Poster.
- Templates in the system are for 1.5" deep frames and the image will be wrapped - you might lose some of the picture to the edges.
- Template frame sizes offered are:11x14", 12x18", 16x20", 18x24", & 20x30"
- Make sure the subject is clear. For the best quality allow at least 200 pixels per inch.
- Please take into account that the printed image gets wrapped around to the side of the frame. This means approximately 1.5" of the image (on each of the four sides) may not be visible 'head on' when looking at the finished piece – the kiosk gives a 3D preview to help you.
- If you don’t want the image wrapped around the frame you will have to have to resize your image to the correct frame size and add a 1.5" border to your image using the canvas size option in Photoshop or other photo editing program (i.e. crop image to 11x14", 12x18", 16x20", 18x24", & 20x30" then increase canvas size to 14x17", 15x21", 19x23", 21x27" or 23x33" respectively)
- We can do this for a small fee.